Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Spicy, Minty, and Delicious

One of my favorite drinks is a ginger peppermint tea. I had been buying it for years and then all of the sudden it was out of stock everywhere. Ginger peppermint tea settles my stomach and helps with my bloating. So, when it was out of stock and I ran out I had to do something. It probably wasn't a huge deal, but it felt like a major thing to me and my sensitive stomach.

I ended up buying dried ginger and dried peppermint from Penzey's. It was my first trip to Penzey's and I fell in love. They have so many awesome things, but that is not the point. Their herbs and spices are great prices. I ended up buying 2 - 1 oz bags of peppermint and 1 - 0.85 oz jar of minced ginger. The herbs smell wonderful when you get them open. They smell so much better than what I would typically buy at the grocery store.

When I make my tea I keep it in an airtight container. I keep mine in a plastic container with a lid. I mix equal parts ginger and peppermint in the container. Usually I do about 3/4 cup each for one batch then put the lid on and shake it up.

When I make my tea I boil my water in a teapot. I use stainless steel and silicone tea balls with about 1-1.5 teaspoons of the tea mixture in them to brew my tea. I love these because they seal tight enough that leaves do not leak out. The holes are small and the leaves do not leak out any of the seams. They also come with a little cup like thing to set your tea ball in when you are done steeping your tea. I usually let my tea steep about 20 minutes.

This tea is a beautiful golden color. This tea has a spicy, minty and delicious flavor. The ginger helps with nausea and the peppermint helps with gas and bloating. This tea is also great when I have a headache. I love this tea and it is much cheaper than buying boxes of pre-made tea bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment