Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Relief from Nausea by Eating Ginger Candy


Living with gastroparesis and constant nausea, I have learned some natural remedies. My favorite home remedy is ginger candy. I have so much relief from nausea by eating ginger candy. My two favorite ginger candies both are by The Ginger People, one is a hard candy and the other is a chewy candy.

Ginger has been used for thousands of years for digestive ailments as well as some other health problems. It has a substance called gingerol that has medicinal properties. Ginger helps with nausea and bloating, as well as pain, headaches, muscle soreness, and is said to be helpful for brain function and lowering cholesterol. The reason I eat ginger is for nausea relief. It can be eaten during pregnancy, when you have motion sickness, and any time you have an upset stomach.

If you have never had ginger before you might be surprised by it's spicy flavor. When I first tried ginger candy I hated the flavor, but I knew I could not keep taking prescription medicine for nausea all the time since my medicine made me sleepy and had other unpleasant side effects. The ginger candy helped me so much. I love the hard candies when my nausea is extra annoying and my mouth is dry. Sucking on them helps wet my whistle and helps my nausea. The chewy candies are great when I want a snack, but don't really feel well. Eating ginger candy has drastically reduced the amount of nausea medicine I take. Some days I only eat a few after meals and other days I feel like I eat thousands.

The Ginger People have candies in different flavors like peanut and caramel, as well as the plain ginger. Another great thing about these candies is that they are gluten free. You can find The Ginger People candies at fancy grocery stores, like Whole Foods and World Market. I buy mine on amazon. You can get them in normal sized bags or you can be like me and buy 11 pound bags that last 6 months to a year.

You can buy The Ginger People Chewy Candy here.
You can buy The Ginger People Hard Candy here.
If you know you love them you can find the gigantic 11 pound bag here.


No comments:

Post a Comment