Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pine Cone Turkeys & A Lovely Centerpiece

I am the worst about decorating for each holiday and season. The last couple of years we have decorated more than ever. By decorating I mean I bought some window clings at the dollar store and Little Bear put them on the windows.

This year for Thanksgiving my in-laws are coming. I am sure you all know how it is, you have company coming, especially in-laws and you want your house to look its absolute best. We have been working on remodeling and some other odds and ends that needed to be done, but I wanted to have at least a couple of cute decorations, too.

The first thing I did was run to Pinterest. It's my go to for craft ideas. I found several things I liked but none were exactly what I wanted so I took the bit and pieces I liked and I added my own spin on them. It helps that Little Bear has an amazing collection of pine cones that he has collected over the last 3 years.

I made a centerpiece with a wooden bowl I found at Marshall's, a bunch of Little Bear's pine cones, a candle in a glass holder that I found at the dollar store, and some little pumpkins and squash that I found at the dollar store. I started by putting the candle where I wanted it then I dumped pine cones in and artfully arranged the
little pumpkins and squash for a bit of color. I love the way the centerpiece came out.


Our other Thanksgiving craft is pine cone turkeys. Little Bear helped with this craft. It has googly eyes and he cannot resist playing with googly eyes. This craft used the hot glue gun, which is now my nemesis since it gave me a blister today. For this you need pine cones, fabric fall leaves, googly eyes, and orange foam or felt. When you pick out your pine cones try to pick some that will stand up on their own.

The first task I gave Little Bear was to cut me triangles for our turkey's beaks. Then, with my help we hot glued the little beaks and googly eyes on. Then, we took our fabric leaves and figured out what order Little Bear wanted them in. His favorite color is red so most of our turkeys have red leaf tails. The leaves get glued to the back of the pine cone and you have cute little turkeys.




No comments:

Post a Comment