Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Vintage Summer Hat

My Normal Casual Hat
A few years ago I started getting migraines and migraine-associated vertigo. They are often triggered by fluorescent lights. At home we switched over to all LED lights from fluorescent and CFL. It has helped a lot in the amount of migraines I have at home.

That still left me with the problem of migraines when we would go out places. Shopping, church, friend's houses, and other places all have fluorescent lights. I would regularly start feeling a headache or vertigo coming on when we were away from home.

My mom also has migraines that are triggered by fluorescent lights. She told me that wearing a hat helps her. This is great for her because she truly likes hats. I however have always hated wearing hats. It has been a huge adjustment for me.

I often wear baseball hats and other really casual hats. Sometimes I wear my cowboy hat. At church I always feel like I should wear a nicer hat. Especially when I am all dressed up, wearing a casual hat seems goofy.

I found this hat from IL Caldo. This vintage style hat is so cute. I wear a lot of vintage dresses so this is the perfect hat for me. I got the grey hat. It has a silvery grey satin ribbon around it with a ribbon flower on the side. There is a little accent of a black polka dotted fabric that gives it just enough black to break up the grey. The hat also comes in black, red, and coffee.

This hat is lightweight and perfect for summer. Since I live in the South a nice light hat is great for most of the year.

The hat is a little bit too big for me, but one size hats always are. I have a small head compared to many women. I use a hat tape that fits in the brim of my hat to make it fit correctly. If you have an average sized head you will probably be fine in this hat.

I love the way this hat looks and feels. When I sent my mom a picture she asked if I bought it for her. I got a bunch of compliments when I wore it to church.

You can buy the IL Caldo Vintage Hat here. You can buy hat filler tape here.

I received a discount on this product. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment