Monday, August 15, 2016

Lazing Away





Until recently I only had a hammock that hangs between two trees but… we are planning on cutting down one of those trees. So I have been on the hunt for a new hammock with a stand.


When I was offered this hammock to review I was thrilled. It is the coolest thing since sliced bread, well maybe not the coolest, but it is pretty darn cool. I could spend all day and night laying in it. 

The box it comes in is pretty big and fairly heavy. It weighs over 40 pounds according to the on the box. I drug it from the door where the delivery man left it through the house and out to the back yard. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it and read the instructions that you don’t need any tools to put it together. The pieces have holes and little metal locking pins on them that lock the parts into place. The instructions came ripped, almost in half, but thankfully, I did not really need them. It is all fairly simple to assemble. I put the entire thing together by myself in about 10 minutes.

As I started putting the hammock together I thought that it didn’t look very big. Once you get all the steps done for the stand you realize how big the hammock really is. The hammock itself comes in a few pieces. The first is the rope hammock with spreader bars. This part is huge. When you unroll it make sure it is all straightened out and not twisted. Then you hang the chain on each end over the hooks on the frame. The rope will look really tight when you first hang it, but after a few days and a few uses it stretches out and settles into a more normal looking hammock. 

After the hammock is hung you can attach the pad. There are strings to tie the pad to the rope hammock. I really wish there were more strings, 'especially on the long sides. The pad kind of bunches up because it is only attached in the corners and the middle on the long sides. The last step is to tie the pillow on. I do wish the pillow was longer for times when there are two people in the hammock.

I recommend bringing the pad and pillow inside when you have rain forecast or finding a really good water resistant spray for fabric. When the pad gets wet it can take more than 24 hours to dry out. The worst part about it is you can brush your hand over it and think it is dry but then when you lay down your rear or your back will find the one spot that is still wet and you will end up with a huge wet spot on your clothes. 

I love laying in this hammock. I have laid in it for naps, for phone conversations, to read, to get away from my family, and just to relax. My husband, Popeye, is not a fan of hammocks due to an unfortunate incident when he fell out as a child but even he likes this hammock. One of our favorite things about this hammock is that Popeye and I both fit comfortably in the hammock. Little Bear loves it because there is room for him to pile on, too, for a quick break before running off to play again. 

Since this hammock arrived I have spent part of every non-rainy afternoon in it. If my family cannot find me they know to go look in the hammock. It is my quiet place, my place to relax and think. If you are on the market for a hammock with a stand this one is great.

You can buy this Lazy Daze hammock here


I received a discount on this product. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.  








No comments:

Post a Comment