Wednesday, July 13, 2016

We Will Meet Again Someday

Eight months ago my Grandma went to the hospital for shortness of breath. They said her heart was failing and there was nothing they could do. She was dying and my heart was breaking. My life was a hectic mess at the time and due to extenuating circumstances, I couldn't go home to see her.

She was in the hospital for five days. The time came where we knew we needed to say goodbye. Thank goodness for modern technology. My parents were at the hospital with her and my mom had her iPhone so Little Bear and I got to FaceTime with her.

My Grandma was not good with technology. She was always amazed by videos and pictures on people's phones. She was even more amazed by live videos. We could talk to her and see her and she could see us just as we were.

Grandma talked about all kinds of things. She was on a roll that day. Everyone had come to visit her. She had gotten to see some of her kids, some of her grandkids, and some of her great-grandkids that day, and she got to FaceTime with us. She was happy. For someone in the hospital, she was extremely joyful. You could tell she didn't feel great, but she was happy. Her loved ones had gathered around her as best as they could over the last few days.

My Grandma, she knew where she was going when she was done in this world. She was going home, to heaven. She was going to be with her Lord and Savior, and her beloved husband. She was at peace with the world.

As we talked, I knew she was ready to go and it would not be long now and I knew she knew it, too. The whole conversation I laughed and talked with her, but as soon as it ended the tears came. Less than two days later, my Grandma had left this world. Heaven had gained an angel that day. Papa Bear and I celebrated her life at the beach that day. She loved the beach. We found some great shells that day. She would have been thrilled with my treasures.

I miss her always. I find myself tearing up more often than I would like to admit. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have picked up the phone to call her only to realize that it is not possible. While I miss her I know she is in a better place and we will meet again someday, but that does not stop me from longing to talk to her again here on earth.







No comments:

Post a Comment