Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Lemon Gingermint Tea

I have been a fan of herbal teas since I was a kid. Back then I only drank them because I like them. Now, as an adult, I have some stomach issues and I drink herbal teas with ginger and mint because they help with those symptoms. I typically drink a ginger peppermint tea but was looking for a change. I didn’t know what to expect with this tea since I had never had lemon balm, lemon grass, or black pepper in a tea. My first order of business when I opened the bag was to smell it. This loose leaf tea has a wonderfully fresh aroma. The citrus scents from the lemon grass, lemon balm, and lemon peel combined with the spicy of the mint, ginger, and pepper are a heavenly combination.

I have been drinking at least one cup of this tea a night. It helps with my stomach symptoms. It smells and tastes nice. It also has a huge benefit that my previous tea does not. This tea is wonderful cold as well as hot. The lemon flavors give it an amazing taste that works well at all temperatures. If you like a sweeter tea you can add a little bit of honey to this tea. The honey mixed with the herbs is wonderful when you have sinus issues or a cold. The combination really helps when I have a sore or scratchy throat.

When I make this tea, I put just over one teaspoon of the loose leaf tea into my tea ball and pour hot water from the tea kettle over it. I usually let it steep ten minutes more or less, usually more because I regularly forget about my tea while I do other stuff. The tea is a nice golden color and like I said earlier the flavor is pleasant hot or cold so even when I forget about it for an hour or more I can happily drink it when I remember.

You can buy this lemon gingermint tea here

I received a discount on this item. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.  


No comments:

Post a Comment