Monday, June 6, 2016

S'mores Bark



Papa Bear and Little Bear are huge fans of s'mores. I am pretty sure Papa Bear likes them as much if not more than Little Bear. It is not always good timing to make your own s'mores. You don't always have the time to make a fire, or the weather. Our problem this time was weather. It was pouring down rain and Little Bear had been begging for s'mores for days.

So, being the sweet, loving Mama Bear that I am, I gave in. Little Bear and I made S'mores Bark. This is an easy tried and true recipe I made up with a few years ago. I had been making peppermint bark a lot and my husband wanted me to try something new besides peppermint, dried fruits, and nuts on our bark. Since he loves s'mores I decided to try some s'mores type recipes. The first time I used baking chocolate, but it wasn't quite the way we wanted it.

This recipe is really easy. It only needs three ingredients. Graham crackers, Hershey's Chocolate bars, and mini marshmallows. It takes maybe fifteen minutes to make this. With Little Bear's help it did take longer, but it was fun!

It doesn't look like enough chocolate, but I promise it is.
You start by lining your pan with foil or parchment paper. I use whichever I have on hand. It saves some clean up time later if you use it. Spread your graham crackers on top of it. I break them neatly; if they are broken messily it really doesn't matter, just cover most of the pan with them. Then, open your many bars of chocolate and break them up on your graham crackers.



The shiny softened chocolate is easy to smooth and cover the entire surface.

Then, you put it in the oven until the chocolate is soft. By soft, I mean not melted. It will be glistening and shiny. When this happens, pull it out and smoosh everything around with the back of a spoon until your graham crackers are covered with ooey gooey chocolate. Sprinkle your marshmallows, as few or as many as you want. Pop 'em back under the broiler until your marshmallows are beautifully browned. Let them cool and the chocolate harden. Break it up and store in an airtight container. Little Bear loves big chunks.

I have made this for Papa Bear to take to work. It always goes quickly a
nd there are never leftovers. Papa Bear and Little Bear will eat it all pretty quickly. It will last about three to five days in an airtight container, but it rarely lasts even three days in our house.

You can find a printable version of my S'mores bark recipe here.



No comments:

Post a Comment